I Choose Me

"Most of my life has been spent trying to shrink myself.
Trying to become smaller. Quieter. Less sensitive. Less opinionated. Less needy. Less me.
Because I didn't want to be a burden.
I didn't want to be too much or push people away.
I wanted people to like me.
I wanted to be cared for and valued.
I wanted to be wanted.
So for years, I sacrificed myself for the sake of making other people happy.
And for years. I suffered.

But I'm tired suffering, and I'm done shrinking.
It's not my job to change who I am in order to make someone else's idea of a worthwhile human being.
I am worthwhile. Not because other people think I am, but because I exist, and therefore I matter.
My thoughts matter.
My feelings matter.
My voice matters.
And with or without anyone's permission or approval, I will continue to be who I am and speak my truth.
Even if it makes people angry.
Even if it makes them uncomfortable.
Even if they choose to leave.
I refuse to shrink.
I choose to take up space.
I choose to honor my feelings.
I choose to give myself permission to get my needs met.
I choose to make self-care a priority.
I choose me"

-Unknown-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...