Statistics for Economy's Presentation

So the Vice Dean of Academic Affairs, Bartholomeus is also the lecturer in one of my course which is Statistics for Economy. On Tuesday (July 17), he appointed me to be the Group 1 leader and choose 2-3 people as my team and make a presentation for the Friday (July 20) class. 
Slide 1-8
Unfortunately, I didn't attend the Tuesday class and all of my friends already have groups. I panicked that I only had 3 days to make a presentation as well as the paper. I went to the library and borrowed several books. Then I went home and worked on PowerPoint for the presentation and wrote the paper from 4.00 PM until 1.00 AM. 
The next day (Thursday), I realized that I still haven’t got any partners yet! I panicked again. So I went to campus and checked on the student list to see students who didn’t attend the Tuesday class (I figured they must hadn’t have any groups yet). I came up with nine names, but I got so disappointed after calling six of them because apparently they already had formed their own groups. Three names left; one female and two males (Meivia, Abdias, and Rizcky). The worst part is that I don't even know any of them, so I asked everyone I know for those 3 people's number. Thank God, because I'm a transferred-student, I know almost all of the Accounting students from the freshman until the seniors and some of them know those 3 people's number.
Slide 9-16
So I texted and called them. Abdias didn't pick up his phone neither replied my texts. So I moved on to Meivia and Rizcky. They both agreed to join in my group so I add their names and student ID number to the presentation and paper. I sent them the presentation material via email and explained them what to do, etc.
This morning (Friday, July 20) is the execution day. When I came to the class there were only two students; and I wondered if they were in my team (I've never seen neither Meivia nor Rizcky before). But when I was walking into the class, the guy who sat in the front line starred at me and I spontaneously asked, “Are you Rizcky?" and he was like,"Yup." So I grabbed a seat next to him and started to talk about our presentation whatsoever. Twenty minutes later, the class was almost full and Prof. Bartho stepped into the class.
I was worried because Meivia hadn't come yet. But Prof. Bartho asked us to start our presentation, so Rizcky and I started without Meivia. After our presentation end, that's when Meivia came. She took a chair next to me and said, “I thought the class started at 10.30.” I just smiled and said, “It’s okay. We’re on the discussion session now, I’ll give you the answer of each question and you’ll be the speaker for our team.”
Prof. Bartho was like, “Looks like Meivia’s gonna have to retake this course next semester.” The whole room went into an awkward silent.
Slide 17-22
Then as I expected, there were loads of questions asked by Prof. Bartho. None of my classmates asked any questions because they were kind of terrified. Well, most of the questions were answered by me, but I also whispered and wrote other answers to both Meivia and Rizcky for them to answer so that I wouldn’t be look so dominant in the team. There was a question that I actually knew the answer but I pretended that I didn’t know because I had answered way too many questions. Prof. Bartho said that we did a good presentation. Well, without Meivia and Rizcky agreed to join my group, I would probably had the presentation all alone and eventually Prof. Bartho would be mad at me for being not able to found any partners. So, thanks to Meivia and Rizcky for saving my life!

2 comments:

AstyNNS said...

Memang paling stress kalo gak dpt grup presentasi, tapi untungnya ngana bisa selesain semua. Keren! Good job! *bangga* *sun pipi kanan kiri*

Unknown said...

Yoi... Pake strategi dong. Masalah nyari partner group belakangan, yg penting powerpoint sama makalah sudah jadi, pasti banyak yg mau gabung. Dan dosennya muji kalo itu tuh powerpointnya kreatif, ada gambarnya, interaktif juga, karena kita tambahin gerakan2 animasi... Padahal cuma semaleman lo itu kita bikin phewwww

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...